BJC2100SP on Mandrake 10 ASUS pentium 4

helenruss at bigpond.com helenruss at bigpond.com
Sun Aug 1 03:27:23 PDT 2004

Hi I have an Asus pentium 4 with Mandrake 10 installed and a Cannon BJC2100SP printer.

First I could not get the printer to work, it would expand the print and therefore only showed half of it on the page and.......... it continued to print the same page over and over again without have any way of stopping it.

I went through the following process to stop the print jobs:

[helen at localhost helen]$ su -
Password:
[root at localhost root]# /etc/init.d/cups stop
Stopping CUPS printing system:                                  [  OK  ]
[root at localhost root]# rm /var/spool/cups/d*
rm: remove regular file `/var/spool/cups/d00004-001'? y
[root at localhost root]# rm /var/spool/cups/d*
rm: cannot lstat `/var/spool/cups/d*': No such file or directory
[root at localhost root]# /var/spool/cups/d*
-bash: /var/spool/cups/d*: No such file or directory
[root at localhost root]# /etc/init.d/cups start
Starting CUPS printing system:                                  [  OK  ]
[root at localhost root]#
---
---
I then changed the driver to bjc610a).upp on the parallel port /dev/lp0 and all was fine, beautiful printing for a day or two, until I wanted to stop the print job. I went through the proces again with the following result.

----
----
[helen at localhost helen]$ su -
Password:
[root at localhost root]# /etc/init.d/cups stop
Stopping CUPS printing system:                                  [  OK  ]
[root at localhost root]# rm /var/spool/cups/d*
rm: cannot lstat `/var/spool/cups/d*': No such file or directory
[root at localhost root]# /etc/init.d/cups start
Adding loopback device to routing table ...
SIOCADDRT: File exists

WARNING: Could not add loopback device to routing table,
         CUPS may not work properly.

Starting CUPS printing system:                                  [  OK  ]
[root at localhost root]#
---
---
Now the printer starts and sounds like everything is fine, except there is nothing on the page, like its out of ink (but it isn't)

I'm new to linux, so solutions shown like it will be seen in the command line would be great

Thanks

Helen