PPD files not found

Occam occam at internode.on.net
Thu Aug 12 17:10:06 PDT 2004

>Helge Blischke wrote
> As all the CUPS command utilities, lpoptions issues an ipp request to
> get
> the desired information from the CUPS server. Thus, I suppose there is
> something
> wrong with your CUPS configuration.

Right! I replaced my cupsd.conf file with the default generated file, and it works ok. Thanks!!

Since the difference is only in 6 lines, trial and error will get me to a stage where the ppd files are found AND printers can be used from more than one computer. The lines are ServerName and ServerAdmin which I uncommented and used my actual domain name; User lp and Group sys  which I uncommented, as I did the line BrowseAddress @LOCAL.  Finally I added the line Allow From 192.168.0.10 in the section after <Location />

Again, thank you - I would never have realised that the problem was caused by some of those innocent looking lines.

Leon