escaping quotes in print options

Anonymous anonymous at easysw.com
Wed Aug 4 01:31:53 PDT 2004

Hi,

I am adding some printing options to the commandline of the CUPS lpr client. In one of these option values I put escaped apostrof characters like this:

lpr -o textoption='value string with escaped \'apostrof\' characters'

cupsParseOptions() unescapes this the right way, but my CUPS filter gets it like this:

textoption='value string with escaped 'apostrof' characters'

is there any way to get the value escaped again when my filter receives it  at my filter's argv[5], or is this a bug in CUPS?

regards,
Theodoor