PPD's ImageableArea

Andrew andrew_aguas at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 31 03:24:55 PDT 2004

Hello all!

I'm trying to develop printer drivers based on the rastertoepson filter and epson24.ppd PPD and I've come into some problems namely:
   1) Is it possible to have 2 ImageableAreas. For example, I'd like to have a marginless Letter Paper and another with a margin. But Adobe's PPD File specification states that the ImageableArea should be the intersection of all possible imageableareas for that paper/page. So my question would be , how can i change the imageable areas of a given page/paper say based on the resolution or paper source. I've checked the sample ppds provided and I can't seem to find an example.

I hope you guys can help.

Thanks in advance.
Andrew