PPD's ImageableArea

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Tue Aug 31 06:30:16 PDT 2004

Andrew wrote:
> Hello all!
>
> I'm trying to develop printer drivers based on the rastertoepson
> filter and epson24.ppd PPD and I've come into some problems namely:
> 1) Is it possible to have 2 ImageableAreas. For example, I'd like to
> have a marginless Letter Paper and another with a margin. But Adobe's
> PPD File specification states that the ImageableArea should be the
> intersection of all possible imageableareas for that paper/page. So
> my question would be , how can i change the imageable areas of a
> given page/paper say based on the resolution or paper source. I've
> checked the sample ppds provided and I can't seem to find an example.

Currently there is no way to do what you want.  We may add an
extension to support this in the future, however right now your best
bet is to make the imageable area the borderless version and then
update the driver to use another option or attribute to control how
the output is clipped by the driver.