need job-originating-user in backend

Marcus Mundt mu at forsa.de
Wed Aug 4 01:23:04 PDT 2004

Hello everyone.

I`m running CUPS to create PDFs. It works fine, but it would be nicer to get my backend saving the files in directories named after the user who send the print job to CUPS.

Windows 2000 clients are printing on CUPS and are sending the USERNAME (win2k-user!! - type "set" on commandline then "USERNAME=xxxxx" is shown among other things) via IPP. So far I got on my own.

CUPS lists the job-originating-user (the win2k-user, not the linux user) in the jobs section of the webinterface.

But how can I get the mentioned Windows 2000 "USERNAME" in a variable in my backend??? I only need to know this, please help.

Cheers,
Marcus Mundt