Adding printers...

Zachary Ploskey zploskey at gorge.net
Mon Aug 2 19:30:05 PDT 2004

I'm posting here because i failed to find any other place to report a bug.  I'm using cups version 1.1.2, and when adding a printer it kept giving me an error:

The printer name may only contain up to 127 printable characters.

Now, all I had for my name was "hp deskjet 841c", so that error message is bogus.  It turns out that it does not allow any spaces in the printer name at all.  Perhaps this was fixed in subsequent versions of cups, I haven't bothered to upgrade (this version came with Slackware 10).

Best of luck to ye.