libcups.2.dylib and license agreement

pieterjandeboeck at yahoo.co.uk pieterjandeboeck at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Aug 3 09:21:02 PDT 2004

Hey Michael,

just wanted to run this by you. Just to make sure I've got the licence info right.

I'm currently compiling a deployment (beta release) build of my code. It's giving me the error:

illegal reference to symbol: _cupsLastError defined in indirectly referenced dynamic library /usr/lib/libcups.2.dylib

I could of course copy the lib and have it in the same directory as my application. (I'm running this by you to confirm if this is legal by way of the mac os x cups licence agreement: (?) )

But the whole point of libs is that they represent functions that can be shared between apps. I know I have to tell my compiler to link up to it. but if someone else where to run my executable, the dll/lib could not be there? So what is the usual way of solving this for developers?

?> To have my application link up with the finder which knows where to find the lib?