maybe a buffer?

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Mon Aug 9 07:02:57 PDT 2004

Anonymous wrote:
> You were right, the jobs are going through regardless. Is there a way
> to set a buffer in cupsd, of say 5 seconds, during which jobs do not
> get sent? that would stop the jobs from being sent long enough for my
> program to stop them.

Assuming that we did add such an option (and I don't think we can
really come up with a good use case given that we have the forced hold
job support coming in CUPS 1.2), it would still require a change to
the CUPS that comes with MacOS X, and that would take a while to
incorporate...

> I'm reluctant to pause queues because mac os x pops up a modal dialog
> I cant get rid of. Thus interupting the workflow, which is exactly
> what my program trying to prevent.

You could write a proxy backend which holds the formatted job until
it has been released?  I don't know if that will do what you need,
but at least you'd be able to stop the job before it was printed
twice...