CUPS FFCR to raw print queue

Bill Edison edison at newpaltz.edu
Fri Dec 3 13:39:16 PST 2004

HIho-

     I moved some print queues from an AIX box where they worked fine
to a new linux box and defined the printers using CUPS. All 8 printers
are defined as HPJet Direct. They use Extended Systems print servers
and are all dot matrix printers using Epson emulation. Everything works
as it did before except strangely enough, our check printer, which receives CRFF as the 1st two characters and (rightly so) skips to top of form then before printing. I don't know why it didn't skip on the AIX box
but the AIX print queue defs seem quite different from those used by CUPS.
The selected CUPS print driver is GENERIC and the model is RAW PRINT QUEUE only because that was the only one I could get to work.  The AIX print queues had 2 parameters that CUPS doesn't- lines per page and printer character set. Anyone know a way to toss the FF? What am I missing ?

thanks in advance,
Bill Edison