Using PJL in CUPS DDK driver

anonymous yliu0131 at brockport.edu
Mon Dec 13 12:13:54 PST 2004

I'm trying to build my own PCL printer driver with CUPS DDK.

In CUPS Driver development Kit, it lists a dozen PJL attributes CUPS
supports (e.g. cupsPunch, cupsTonerSave)

Can I define my own attributes that's not listed in CUPS DDK (table 3-3)?

>From my understanding, CUPS just put PJL command into the PCL file. (or
maybe GS hardcoded some PCL command into the PCL file, and CUPS need to
replace those PCL commands or else PCL command will overwrite PJL?)

Any help would be appreciated.