printing options

Anonymous anonymous at easysw.com
Mon Dec 20 19:21:34 PST 2004

Michael Sweet wrote:
> Anonymous wrote:
> > Sorry mate, tried implementing that once. Seems the imagetoraster
> > filter (at least the one that shipped with fedora2) doesn't support
> > the mirror option (flipping the image).
>
> I just checked the imagetoraster.c file, and the "mirror=true" option
> is supported, as it should be.
>
> You can't cascade options, however, i.e. selecting one option won't
> automatically choose one or more other options.
>
> --
> Internet Printing and Publishing Software        http://www.easysw.com

thanks for the information. i was hoping i could implement this feature through the ppd file. i guess i might have to resort to manually flipping the raster from inside my custom filter.

by the way, i noticed that if you explicitly set the landscape option and the scaling option to 100% (lpr -o landscape -o scaling=100 <file>), cupsWidth and cupsHeight values (from the raster header) are both equal to the larger dimension (ie, 6000x6000 for a 10x3 image, instead of 6000x1800). this results in a "square" raster image much larger than my papersize. is this a bug or is this the designed behaviour? how should i handle this scenario?

many thanks again!

michael.q