[cups.bugs] problem with lpd reserve=on option

Anonymous anonymous at easysw.com
Tue Jul 13 05:53:31 PDT 2004

Hi Liam

Have you added the IP or hostname of the new Gentoo PC to the /etc/hosts.lpd file on the server running LPD?

Or is the network printer connected directly to the LAN? in which case ignore this!

Why would the CUPS people deliberately choose the default of reserve=no for this setting?????????? It had me stuffed for hours....

Garth