Common print options

Michael Kaply mkaplynospam at nospamusnospamibm.com
Tue Jul 13 12:56:33 PDT 2004

I'm looking at adding some CUPS support into Mozilla.

Currently I've just done it by enumerating the printers using CUPS and
using our existing postscript code to pass the PS file to the printer
given to us by CUPS.

I'd also like to make the printer properties button do something
interesting - right now it allows selection of six hardcoded form types,
an explicit lpr command, color/grayscale, and the margin.

My question is, if I were to create a "common" printer properties
dialog, what should it have on it?

And how do I know what options are "common" between different printers,
such that I could put them onto this dialog?

thanks

Mike Kaply