listening for a new Print job

PieterJan Pieterjandeboeck at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jul 6 06:47:58 PDT 2004

Hello everyone,

I need to listen to an incomming print job, so I can pause it, change the title and resume printing. I'm using OSX (CUPS server). That means it's an implementation of IPP, which uses HTTP protocol. So I have no experience with HTTP or IPP protocol.

> How do I "listen" to incomming printjobs in CUPS.

This will allow me respond the moment i'm notified of a new print job. A lot better than continuously checking for new printjobs.

> IF you have any idea, my job depends on it ;)

Thanks a bunch,
Pieter-Jan