[cups.bugs] cups-lpd eats tons of resources

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Tue Jun 29 20:45:28 PDT 2004

Erik Slagter wrote:
> Then I had a look at the source (from CVS) and found out that this
> indeed the case and is solely done to confirm whether a given printqueue
> actually exists.

It is not just for that reason, it is also to support instances and
printer options.

We won't accept your patch as-is, however we would probably accept
a patch that added a command-line option to disable the destination
calls.

Please note that cups-lpd is only provided as a migration tool - it
does not and cannot provide the same level of performance that the
native IPP scheduler provides.