[cups.development] backend back channel response

Guillaume Giroux gug at microflex.ca
Thu May 20 11:48:22 PDT 2004

Hi,

I am printing to a ticket printer in raw socket mode and I
need to read the printer's output after a print job has been
sent, to be 100% sure that the ticket/label has been printed.

So, is there an API way to get the back channel data with the
'socket' backend? I see in socket.c there is some debugging
output of the number of bytes read from the printer, but I
cannot find a way to get this data back to my program which
launched the print job using cupsPrintFile().

Thanks for any advice/pointer,
Guillaume