IBM Mainframe and AS400 IPDS filters for CUPS

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Sun May 9 05:52:14 PDT 2004

Helge Blischke wrote:
> (like line mode, enhanced line mode, and full APA mode). As far as
> I have understood the IPP RFCs and the CUPS book, these features
> seem not (or at least not yet) to be covered by IPP.

There is an extension for resources (fonts, forms, images, etc.),
although I don't remember if it was published or not.  There should
be a link on the PWG page.

That said, we've looked into the feasibility of doing an IPDS mini-
server that would make a CUPS server look like one or more IPDS
printers.  It *is* feasible, but will take a lot of developers' time
which means a fair amount of money - no customer has yet opted to
go that route, but instead uses one of the many existing AS/400
solutions instead.