Problem solved (one last question)...

null nomail at nomail.invalid
Tue Nov 16 10:05:23 PST 2004

My filters weren't being run because the *cupsFilter entry needs to
reference the destination filter/type. I had the initial filter (and at
one point the entire chain of filters) listed. Once I changed to the
destination type it all started working correctly.

Now my only problem is getting pdftops to make a valid .ps file (I'm
running CUPS 1.1.14 with its factory pdftops x today). The version of
pdftops I;m using is having difficulty deflating (fonts from an OS X
"Preview" PDF).

Does anyone know if this defect was rectified between the filter I have
and pdftops 1.0?

Best,
JR