NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED

Mike mikings at ebe.uct.ac.za
Thu Nov 18 13:31:43 PST 2004

After configuring CUPS via the web interface, printing fails with the message of the subject to this message. I then used smbclient to connect to the Windows 2000 machine hosting the printer, using the same account name and password that I supplied to CUPS, and was able to copy a simple text file to the printer, which was then printed without problems.

CUPS has worked fine on my Mandrake 9.2 system, but after upgrading to 10.0, I now have this problem. Mandrake installs version 1.1.20 of CUPS.