HP Deskjet 3845 printing mirror images when using ipp

Anonymous anonymous at easysw.com
Thu Nov 25 09:25:20 PST 2004

I have set up a HP Deskjet 3845 on my Redhat Fedora 1 box. Using cups(cups-1.1.17-13.3.0.3), I created a printer queue and shared it (I specified the type as HP deskjet 3840 in the CUPS gui). I added the printer from my windows XP box and tried printing to it. The output is always coming out as a mirror image. I can print perfectly fine from my linux box, and from my windows box if I share the printer using Samba. But if I use ipp, it is always a mirror image. And no. The mirror image box is not checked. (I even tried checking it once to see if the problem would magically reverse itself, but no luck there.)
Hellllpp.
A truly bemused user