job printed not completed no other jobs possible

Marcus Mundt mu at forsa.de
Tue Sep 7 01:40:57 PDT 2004

Hi there,

i got a really bad problem runnig CUPS 1.1.15 with cups-pdf (backend) under SuSE 8.1.

The thing is, that I can only print one time. After sending my first job to the CUPS-server I get my pdf-file. The job seems to be completed, but are shown as active in the webinterface.
The printer is then stopped. When I restart the printer, it is sometimes a second processing but after that it is again stopped.

When I cancel all jobs and restart the printer, it is again idle, but printing doesn`t work. Then I get another job which is active but never finishes.

I set the LogLevel to debug and this is what is shown among other things:

After Started Backend:

	PID XXXX stopped with status 249!
	UpdateJob: .... file X completed
	StopJob: id=32, force = 0
	StopJob: printer state is 5

Everytime I delete the printer and set it up again, I can print my pdfs one time. And the printer is again stopped and has got active jobs and no copleted ones even though the pdf-file was created.

I would be thankful for any help with this issue.

cheers,

Marcus Mundt