Attributes of type collection

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Thu Sep 9 11:40:49 PDT 2004

Helge Blischke wrote:
> Starting with 1.1.19, CUPS pretends to support collections, but I
> found out that collections values (i.e. the whole string from and
> including the outermost "{" up to and including the outermost "}")
> are stored as "nameWithoutLanguage".

That is because current CUPS does not encode collections from text
options, it just supports collection attributes so that it works with
applications and devices that provide/use collections.  We have to make
changes in a bunch of places to support collections in text options.

Full support for IPP collection attributes (an extension to IPP)
will not be available until CUPS 1.2.  Assuming that we get 1.1.21
out the door soon, the rest of the 1.2 stuff will show up in public
CVS and we'll be doing beta releases for 1.2.