Japanese Character Set

Andrew andrew_aguas at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 13 03:29:00 PDT 2004

Hello All.

Based on the CUPS Translation guide(translation.pdf), Japanese character set is not yet supported(SJIS or EUC-JP). Is there a possibility this will be added in future releases? I'm willing to provide cups_ja and template files in japanese.
I've had the chance to browse the CUPS source code but still haven't had the chance to play around with it in order to support Japanese char set, a point in the right direction will surely help me out.

As of now, I already have some japanese ppds, but whenever I go to the CUPS web interface, I still need to go to view->code(mozilla) page and select Japanese(EUC-JP) to enable to read japanese characters. I figured, CUPS doesnt have the right Character set for Japanese so it defaults to ISO-8859-1

Thanks!

Andrew