Device Fonts

Anonymous anonymous at easysw.com
Thu Apr 7 06:52:27 PDT 2005

> Anonymous wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >     I am developing a CUPS driver for a line printer which supports
> > Device fonts and Barcode printing. What is the best possible
> > way of doing it? and what path should be followed to support these
> > features.
>
> Right now the best way is to provide a plain text filter which
> supports a font option (or some special ESCape code to switch fonts)
>
> --

Thanks, but could you be a little more specific, where should the
text filter be placed in the chain of cups filters. Will it follow
the following chain

pre-filters --> pstops --> pstoraster --> rastertoMyPrinter --> backend

or some other path?

If any other path is required, then how do i
print documents (without device-fonts / images), from applications
like open-office writer etc.