lpr: error - unable to print file: server-error-service-unavailable

Vince vincenthide at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 20 09:40:42 PDT 2005

I get this message when I try to print to my Epson and Samsung printers using CUPS 1.16 on fedora core 3:

lpr: error - unable to print file: server-error-service-unavailable

cupsd appears to be up and running ok and I have successfully printed to both printers before on fedora core 3 and redhat 9.

I have searched google and noticed that many people have had this error but nobody appears to know how to rememdy the situation???

Thanks,
Vince