Printing multiple copies on remote printers

Helge Blischke h.blischke at srz.de
Thu Apr 21 07:04:25 PDT 2005

I think there is an issue with the handling of the copies attribute in
general.
The pstops filter sets the /NumCopies value in the page device
dictionary
(for language level >= 2; the /#copies value otherwise), but some
backends
on the other hand set the copies attribute in addition, e.g. the IPP and
the LPD
backend.
As the IPP RFCs don't specify which specification takes precedence, it
is implementation
dependent what really happens.

Helge

--