CUPS 1.2.x-r4551 and FC4

Vladimir Buzuev vbuzuev at dymo.com
Fri Aug 5 14:17:12 PDT 2005

Hi,

Has anybody run into "segmentation fault" signal for cupsd on Fedora Core 4? I am using GCC 4.0.1, compilation is fine, but cupsd could not start with message "cupsd: Child exited on signal 11!". When run with "-f" option it is core dumped. But the core file is not very helpful even when cupsd is compiled with debug infirmation. The backtrace is:
#0  0x00c475a1 in ?? ()
#1  0x00947fb4 in ?? ()
#2  0xb7f6bb78 in ?? ()
#3  0x00c3e8c8 in ?? ()
#4  0xbfd64500 in ?? ()
#5  0xffffffff in ?? ()
#6  0xb7f6bd20 in ?? ()
#7  0x00000000 in ?? ()

if I set a breakpoint to main() in gdb and then run cupsd gdb just exits. Does this mean the problem is with some system library?

Thanks,
Vladimir