[cups.bugs] [HIGH] STR #1239: HP 6122: will try in 5 seconds

nanophase nanophase at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 13:01:48 PDT 2005

[STR New]

My HP DeskJet 6122 cannot print until I turn the printer off, unplug the
USB cable, plug in and turn it on again, and I have to stop and start the
printer from the web interface. Unless I do *all* this, the printer status
says it will try again in 5 seconds. I need to do this on every startup
actually. Using the hpijs driver and kernel 2.6.11 and 12.
I tried it on Ubuntu Hoary and Debian Sid, it's exactly the same.

I'm happy to provide more info if needed, and testing stuff.