Cannot print to OCE 9400 plotter...

sleepy sleepy at williams-int.com
Wed Dec 14 05:53:59 PST 2005

> Have you checked the plotter?
>
> there are different types, some of them don't talk PS.
>
> In my opinion this is not a printer it is a plotter.
>
> some of the talk socket other lpr with special queues.
>
> regards
> Franz

Franz,

Thank you for your reply.  You are correct in that this is a plotter, used for plotting technical drawings on large blueprint sized paper.  I should not have used the words plotter and printer interchangeably in my original message.

Do you think the problem lies in how the plotter is configured w/in the CUPS interface?  Should I just start experimenting with different Device URI's, (ie different combinations of lpd/lpr, raw, sockets and queues)?

Thanks again,

sleepy