I'm not sure if it's a bug or not, but ..

Albert Kam moonblade.wolf at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 19:35:30 PST 2005

Hi ....

Could you help me .. coz i'm having a troublesome problem =(
You see, i'm having a problem with SUSE 9.2 ..
My office has a HP laserjet 1010 printer, and it's been successfully detected
in SUSE 9.2.
It runs ok and prints perfectly.

But at random occassions (could happen at least 3 times a day), the print job
queued to the printer wont get printed. When i do lpq -a, the print job is
there, but the printer wont print. lpstat -a looks fine too.

So far, the workaround has been opening YaST -> hardware -> printer -> change
printer click edit, and without changing anything i just click ok, finish and
let YaST restart everything connected to the printer like the spooler, etc ..
After the restart by YaST, the printer will continue printing the job ...

The workaround is quite irritating ..
Can anyone point me out the problem ? or possibly other easier / automated
workaround possibilities ?

Helppp