[cups.bugs] regression from 4841 to 4885: does not detect USB printers any more

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at canonical.com
Thu Dec 22 04:45:28 PST 2005

Hi Cups developers!

I just tried to upgrade the cups snapshot 4841 to 4885 and noticed
that now cupsd does not seem to detect my USB printer any more when
trying to add it. Not even after restarting cupsd (as it was necessary
in 1.1.x).

I used gnome-cups-add 0.31; is there any way how I can see the list of
detected printers with a tool from cupsys itself?

Thanks and have a merry christmas!

Martin
--
Martin Pitt        http://www.piware.de

In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?