Setting number of copies through the API

Ken Herron kherron at fmailbox.com
Sat Feb 5 14:10:58 PST 2005

I'd like to enhance mozilla's CUPS support so that when the user requests multiple copies, mozilla requests multiple copies through CUPS rather than by embedding a postscript directive into the print job. Mozilla prints through CUPS by calling cupsPrintFile(), and I gather from the software programmer's manual that number of copies is set by adding an option to the list of options using cupsAddOptions(). But I can't find the name of the number-of-copies option.

Is there a standard name for the number-of-copies option? Where are names such as this documented? If there isn't a standard name, how would a program like mozilla figure out the correct option name at runtime?