Setting number of copies through the API

Ken Herron kherron at fmailbox.com
Sat Feb 5 15:24:17 PST 2005

> Ken Herron wrote:
> > Is there a standard name for the number-of-copies option? Where are
> > names such as this documented? If there isn't a standard name, how
> > would a program like mozilla figure out the correct option name at
> > runtime?
>
> There is a standard name, "copies".
>
> See the IPP specification, the CUPS book, the SPM, etc.

Thank you. That answers my immediate need, but I suppose what'd I'd really like to know is how I could have figured this out myself, and/or what is the full list of standard options? You say to see the SPM. I've just been through it yet again and there's no list of standard option names I can find, nothing saying "IPP attributes and CUPS options are the same thing", no "for the list of standard options, see xyz." What am I overlooking?