cups aborts all jobs

Martin Riedel martin_riedel at gmx.net
Mon Feb 7 05:22:07 PST 2005

cups just kills all print jobs I start. Restarting them merely produces a "client-error-not-possible".

Really, when something fails, I want a meaningful error message, at least.
This problem seems to be quite common, yet still uncorrected...

Furthermore, cups listens on Port 80 even though I have no Port or Listen entries for port 80 in /etc/cups/cupsd.conf.

I think the idea of cups is quite good but its implementation completely lacks professionalism.

Moving back to a working printing system now, see you.