Problem with ESP Ghostscript

Thierry Klein Thierry_Klein at compuserve.com
Tue Feb 8 05:52:13 PST 2005

I have CUPS 1.46, ESP GS 5.50, and Gimp 1.2.1 under Solaris 9. Cups seems to
work, GS works (cups device is include and works [?], too) but I have the
same problem:
"Unable to convert file 0 to printable format for job xx!
Hint: Do you have ESP Ghostscript installed?"

My printer is a HP DeskJet940C on parallel port.

By the way, KDE does not seem to see CUPS???

I suppose this is, perhaps, a global variable which is not correctly set, at
least CUPS should be told where is GS.

Thierry Klein

"Olivier" <olivier.pernetREMOVE_THIS at freesbee.fr_AND_THIS_TOO> a écrit dans
le message news: cheplj$u80$1 at dns.easysw.com...
> Hello,
> I just installed CUPS 1.1.2-rc2 along with gimp-print 4.2.7 and ESP
Ghostscript 7.07.1 on and OpenBSD 3.5 box. I have an USB printer attached to
the box (an Epson Stylus C44UX). I'm able to set it up just fine, but
whenever I try to print a test page, the job is cancelled right away, and
the log file error_log says the daemon could'nt convert the file to a
printable format, and suggests installing ESP Ghostscript, which I already
have. Any ideas ? Thanks in advance.