BeginDocumentSetup and EndDocumentSetup

Anonymous anonymous at easysw.com
Tue Feb 15 19:10:58 PST 2005

> >>OK, please post this as a STR at:
> >>
> >>     http://www.cups.org/str.php
> >>
> >>I don't see anything obviously wrong with the PS file, so it may,
> >>in fact, be a bug for us to fix in 1.2.
> >>
> >>--
> >>______________________________________________________________________
> >>Michael Sweet, Easy Software Products           mike at easysw dot com
> >>Internet Printing and Document Software          http://www.easysw.com
> >

> > It is too time consuming to get an account and post an STR.
> > I will not do that. Sorry.
>
> Then I'm sorry, but we will be unable to do any further
> investigation of this problem...
>
> --
> Internet Printing and Publishing Software        http://www.easysw.com

I just installed the ghostview previewer and it happened to have
a similar problem. I looked a little bit into the source code of
ghostview. In ps.c there is a function readline() which does a
partial string matching by calling a macro iscomment(). So,
%%EndDocumentSetup would match %%EndDocument and be treated
as the end of an included EPS file (which is not the case).

I am guessing that a similar thing is happening with lpr in
the filtering mode.