IPP_GET_JOBS/cupsDoRequest() problems

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Mon Jan 3 08:43:14 PST 2005

Alan Somers wrote:
> Follow-up: It's definitely something in the network interface because
> I can copy the app to the remote server and run it there and it picks
> up all of the jobs (now local) every time.  Are there any network
> parameters that I can set to fix this or is it a flaw in the CUPS
> implementation?

AFAIK, the CUPS API currently handles all network errors by retrying
or aborting as appropriate.  Any hard network errors are usually
mapped to IPP_SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE - check httpError() for the low-
level socket error code (use strerror() to display a human-readable
error message).

More than likely you are running into an unrecoverable network error.