[cups.bugs] Cupsys printer failures: lost jobs

Anonymous anonymous at easysw.com
Sat Jan 15 13:15:41 PST 2005

Tom Allison wrote:

> > That's not what I said. I said, in effect, and now again: "Go
> > get yourself the Kyocera-provided PPD from your Windows driver
> > installer CD."
> >
> > I also said: "Read 'man lpadmin'. Read
> >             http://localhost:631/sam.html"
> >
> > Forget Foomatic. You've got a PostScript printer, man!
> >

> I can't entirely get rid of foomatic.
>
> When I try to configure this printer again,

Which tool do you use to configure your printer?? Which version
of the tool is it?

> it gives me driver options
> that are like "Kyocera Mita FS-1010 Foomatic/Postscript
> (recommended)" which is the one I've been using.

The recommendation is insane, given the fact that they also have
original vendor provided PPDs from Kyocera in their download area.
(However, if it is RedHat's printconf-gui or some other distro
printer wannabe config tool, it is not Linuxprinting.org's fault....)