Unable to rename a printer

sshankar at novell.com sshankar at novell.com
Thu Jan 20 01:01:31 PST 2005

Hi all,
I am not a member of the mailing list yet, please include me in the reply.
I am working on gnome-cups-manager, GUI tool for printer management for
gnome desktop on Linux.
I wanted to know if there is any way I can change the printer name? As
of now, I found no way through CUPS to change the printer name. Looks
like cups is not supporting it, I am not sure. However, this operation
is like changing printer attributes like name, description, location
etc, which seems very basic operations.
Can any of you please clarify me on this issue, if this operation is
supported, how to go about it? if its not supported, then why is not
supported although, the operation looks very basic need?

I am using CUPS 1.1.20

Thanks,
Santhosh