cups mac os-x 10.3 multiple copies

Anonymous anonymous at easysw.com
Fri Jul 1 00:47:55 PDT 2005

> I've generated the same problem (Mac OSX 10.3) connecting to a CUPS queue on a linux system with a vendor-provided PPD that passes the cupstestppd test ( Xerox Phaser 8400B ) ... All windows clients print to it fine, regardless of whether they use IPP directly or the Cups-Samba driver.
>
> I've manually re-added the printer entry in the CUPS system running on localhost of the Mac as a remote IPP printer, so it shows up as "Shared" ...

We have really many ipp-printers, and found that setting the mac to go
"browse-polling" to the linux ipp-printserver made it "work" the same way
you got it to not print quadratic copies, but now the list of printers is
really long, so I was wondering if it would be doable to put a couple of
printers in the local config to point to the specific remote printers and
have the mac users select from those printers only?