Device URI for cups

Mohit Kumar mohitkumar17 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 11 00:09:43 PDT 2005

Hi All,

I have written a script for calling my execuatable when ever a user uses my backend. However, I was not clear of the fact as to how could I display a device URI which could be used to refer to my backend.

For example, I have a script which finally calls ps2pdf. I have put this in the backend directory, restarted cups but nothing new comes when I execute lpinfo -v. However when I use the KDE Printer pdfdistiller script, then I can see direct pdf as one of the outputs of lpinfo -v.

Any help in this regard would be highly helpful.

Thanks,
Mohit