Help - Cancelling job on Windows print server

dheerajd5432 at yahoo.com dheerajd5432 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 13 13:20:24 PDT 2005

Hi all,
I am a new user of CUPS. I have set up a samba printer available on Windows print server.

lpadmin -p printer1 -E -v smb://username:password@windowsserver/printerQ -P HP-LaserJet_9000-Postscript-cups.pp

It works fine.I am able to print documents on this windows print server. I can see my jobs in these print Q.

But if I type
lpstat -p
I get the queue status from cups server.
Same thing happens with lpq command.

I can not cancel job.

I found a work around. I am using LPRng's lpq command (lpq -Pprinter at windowsserver), it gives me the job status.

But I can not cancel the job!!! If I use LPRng's lprm command (even with -U option), I am unable to cancel the job.

Please help..

Thanks
Dheeraj