cgi-bin: localhost

Peter Somogyi psomogyi at gamax.hu
Fri Jul 15 07:17:04 PDT 2005

> > What's the difficulty: too much work, too much security risk, or some incompatibility?
> My non authoritative answer is: it is a matter of how much you trust your customers or you don't.
> Depending on your overall systems/network configuration, you may choose an
> authentication system that matches your needs.

My task is given: I have to create a patch that modifies web client's functionality to support managing remote cups server.

1. My first question is whether this task is solvable or not.

2. If not: why? (I would wonder if not, because there are several tools which can do the same or more remotely)

3. If yes: can I create a patch (=would you accept it, if it implements an agreed design)?

I won't review the needs of my customer (it's not my assignment), it's firmly fixed, and I've been told in our system there's no workaround.
I hope I was clear enough.

Peter