Failure to print anything

Alexander Osborne alexanderosborne at tiscali.co.uk
Mon Jul 25 07:49:35 PDT 2005

I installed Red Hat in March and have never been able to print anything!
I decided to update my Red Hat system with Fedora Core 3 in hope that that would enable me to print. I installed the Lexmark Z42 via localhost:631 instead of via kprinter.
and successfully printed the Test Page.
I then tried printing an html page of my own and it printed the first 4 lines including a coloured logo, then stalled. Since then It won't print! I edited cupsd.conf changing from 'info' to 'debug' and tried again.
The output of error_log seems normal until it enters the Backend then:
LPGETSTATUS returned a port status of 18 - - more unremarkable lines then
Stopping search for page header options
Output goes to renderer now
sh: z42 cmyk: command not found - - - more lines ,then at the end of Page setup:
Saw trailer!  Saw EOF!
Inserting code into PageSetup section
Out put goes to FIFO buffer now
Found: BeginPageSetup
Found EndPageSetup
End of page header
Flushing FIFO
Closing renderer
cat: write error: Broken pipe               more unremarkable lines then
Last OS error 32
Ghostscript 7.07 Unrecoverable error, exit code 1
Would be grateful for any clue as to what is going on.
AlexO   (Osborne 1934)