How do I supply a correct pdd

Enrique Perez-Terron enrio at online.no
Mon Jul 25 19:34:50 PDT 2005

I am the author of the "recommended" driver for the lexmark x74 printer.

I just installed my driver on a new computer and found the fedora system
came up with another .ppd file than the
one I installed in /usr/lib/cups/models.

It does not work. Foomatic-rip decides on an empty command line.

Placing my ppd file in /etc/cups/ppd works.

I am unable to figure out where the incorrect ppd comes from. I am
despairing over the opacity of the
configuration engines we are having these days. Where do I even begin
getting information about them? I can't
even locate a project home page for alchemist, and the only documentation
page in the package is a README
containing the words "intentionally blank until there are som docs".

I remember I once (years ago) found a web page at cups.org (or was it
linuxprinting?) where one could submit
data about a printer model, but now I just cannot find back to it. Still I
suspect it is there somewhere and is
responsible for this misery.

Can somebody please provide me a pointer or a hint?

Thanks,
Enrique