printer hangs at document end

Walt Novinger wbnovinger at nc.rr.com
Fri Jul 29 04:18:01 PDT 2005

I have an HP LJ4M+ (using the PS300 driver) as a network attached printer (socket:192.168.1.25). I have a fresh CUPS install on Mandrake 10.0. When I atttempt to print a test page, the printstream is sent to the printer, the printer receives it, and the receiving-data indicator blinks continuously, but no printing occurs. After an apparent minute or two (never clocked it), the page appears. The page prints just fine; it just takes a long time for the job to finish.

Is this something I can control via a configuration file? Is this a bug?

Thanks!
Walt Novinger