CUPS "loses" printer settings

Anonymous anonymous at easysw.com
Fri Jun 3 17:19:45 PDT 2005

ecently I switched from RH8 to Fedora Core 3 (and soon to FC4 hopefully). My printers are both HP (HP LaserJet 1220se and HP DeskJet 3820) and so I upgraded from hpoj to hplip.

My problem - every time I boot I must modify the CUPS settings for the printers, i.e., click on the "modify printer" icon in the browser interface and totally reset everything back to hplip. For some strange reason CUPS "resets" the printers to JetDirect at boot time.

Is this a problem with CUPS or FC3??? Has anybody else experienced this problem??

Thanks Terry