client-error-not-possible

Anonymous anonymous at easysw.com
Tue Jun 14 10:43:36 PDT 2005

> I think it's about time to kill this thing and reinstall LPRng. At
least, that worked. LPRng is EASY software, CUPS is a pain in the backside.

Yup, I've started getting that message, after having CUPS working fine for some time and no change in configuration. It's not only a terrible job of error message writing, but something that the CUPS crew has avoided bothering to post anything anywhere I can find it on what actually occassions it, let alone how to fix it when it shows up. They should be reading these forums, and attending to stuff like this.

I've been using Linux as my primary OS for 12 years, and there is yet to be a fully-dependable printing system for it. You'd think someone would bother to get it right.