image size problem

Slashboot slashboot at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 08:41:38 PDT 2005

Hello,

I'm writing a cups filter for a printer which support only fixed size images
(600*800) on fixed size paper (4*6in). I wrote a PPD file which specifies a
ythe good resolution values to get always a raster data of 800*600 pixels.

This works fine when printing from kde applications (kate, kxxxx) but when I
print the cups test page for or from firefox, gimp I get a bad size raster
data (something like 2800*2000). This makes the printer feeling bad.

Any hints ?!

If this is a normal and there are no solution, is there any libs around to
shrink raster data bitmaps ?

--
Mahdi.